Pages/Tabs

Shabby Chic - Chevron

2.10.2008

I heart public broadcasting

Okay, you must check out this site.

I barely watch TV, but this show caught my attention yesterday, and after seeing that you didn't need 589405209840249 ingredients to make tasty meals, I became interested. Tonight, Dylan and I cooked this super-fab Shrimp, Tomato, and Basil Pasta dish. It cost about $10 for the main ingredients, and there is definitely enough for another meal or two.

In addition, I have been listening to National Public Radio for a couple of years now. I prefer NPR to other news networks (such as CNN, Fox News, or local news stations) because of their approach to journalism. I never feel like they are pushing an agenda, and always feel like I am receiving the raw information from which I can develop my own opinion. Isn't that what news is supposed to be? I also don't feel like I am consistently being bombarded by negativity and propaganda, or useless information; eh-hem, can we say Britney Spears?

I highly recommend NPR on your drive to/from work, or whenever. It makes the time fly and you actually feel informed about things that matter. They also have podcasts available on their website. For more info, check out their site. If you click on "Stations" near the top and type in your zip code, it will tell you what station they broadcast from in your area. For my family members in the Tampa/St. Pete/SRQ area, tune to WUSF-FM 89.7

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're updating! Thanks for the NPR tip. I keep saying that I need to listen to it, but 1) I forget to look up which station it is here (I just looked it up) and 2) I tend to space off when I'm driving and not listen to what's playing, so it doesn't really matter what's playing. Maybe your post is a sign that I should start listening :)

The station that I listen to regularly plays the John Tesh radio show, and I love it! I don't know why, but there's something nice about his voice and he gives good advice.

c.a.b. said...

John Tesh...John Tesh...

That sounds familiar. I'll have to look it up.