Pages/Tabs

Shabby Chic - Chevron

7.27.2009

More & More Sketches



I suppose these are from lastest to oldest. Not to say that these are "finished", but some of these look half done because people moved while I was drawing them (how dare they!). I like doing contour drawing, but it's difficult to do in a public setting because I'm not paying these people to model for me :) They could move at any instant. This is why gesture drawing is more ideal in those situations.









































































































I think I've mentioned before that drawing out in public reminds me of my trip to Venice, Italy: people come behind you and peer over your shoulder without saying a word. People's reactions are interesting and sometimes peculiar. I especially love when people say things like, "Hey, I have this photo of me and my dog. Can you draw it?"
Anyways, more later.
ps-apologies for the crappy photo quality of these sketches.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My response to that person with the photo would be "If you have a photo of you and your dog, then why do you need a drawing of it as well?" Open it in Photoshop and apply a filter, voila - sketchy looking photo without bothering Catherine. I love seeing these sketches! And I love YOU!
WV: emedog